Can I be honest with you?
Of course I can, this is my blog and I’m always honest with you. Why should that change now?
I hate these “happiness is” posts, for no other reason than I just think they’re cheesy, even if they do express all the good stuff (as they should!). I can’t help it, cliches annoy me… however tonight I’m going to write a “happiness is” post anyway, because it’s called for.
1) (Let’s get this one out of the way first.) A conservative majority government in Canada. FUCK. YES. I’m so happy about this- I can’t even tell you. I knew the PC would get at least another (sigh) minority, but while I hoped for a majority, I was skeptical. Today, Canada voted right (pun intended!). Way to go! For those of you who wonder “OMG HOW could she be a conservative?!!”, let me give you a few brief reasons…
a) I live in Alberta- a conservative province whose entire economy is reliant on our energy industry which would falter under a high-tax left leaning government. Say what you will about “big oil”, but you need it too.
b) I work in said energy industry, and I like my paycheque. I work my ass off for it, and I don’t believe in handing out free rides to people who abuse the system, leaving funds unavailable for those who really need it.
c) I’ve lost a family member to violence and therefore I’ve seen first hand what this does not only to families but to communities. It’s unacceptable and Canada needs to toughen up and quit being known as the nice guy. (Sorry CH- we’re going to have to agree to disagree on this one! *breathe*)
2) I just spent 2.5 weeks on vacation.
3) I got to go to wine country.
4) I got to spend time with my BFF.
6) I get to sleep in my own bed tonight.
7) I’m drinking Okanagan wine as I type this.
Life is good.