Thank you to the lovely Krista at Tiny n Fit for bestowing this award upon me.
I’m always flattered when I receive blog awards, especially when I feel they’re given to me sincerely and not as part of a numbers game. I try to maintain a certain amount of integrity here on my blog, and so for that reason, I’m going to bend the rules here a bit. I’ll tell you a few things about myself like I’m supposed to, and then I’ll pass this award on… but only to a select few who I find truly inspiring. That said, I love all of the blogs I follow for their own unique reasons, and you can always find the complete list on my Blogroll, located on my Home Page sidebar.
Seven things about me:
1. I’ve recently discovered that I’m more introverted than extroverted. I’d always thought it was the other way around, but I can make so much more sense of myself now.
2. I’m twenty-six and I’m starting to see the finest of lines on my forehead and under my eyes. I fear that I will age like my mother (not well), but thankfully I look more like my father. I hope that works in my favour.
3. I’m kind of an irritable person. I blame it on the fact that I’m impatient. For this reason, I’m not sure I will ever be very good at motherhood.
4. I like country music, and muddy trucks, and driving on dirt roads, and shooting guns, and breathing clean mountain air, and swimming in rivers, and cutting down my own Christmas tree.
5. I. CAN’T. STOP. SHOPPING. I starting to think it’s legitimately a problem.
6. I’m really intelligent, but people always seem surprised by that. I don’t know how I give the impression I’m not. Sometimes I think people assume I’m lazy and dumb because I’m overweight.
7. I have this burning desire to feel something… I want to experience life and love to the absolute maximum. I’ve been hurt a lot, but I’m always opening myself back up because I just can’t imagine life without passion. Every time I love, I love a little bit harder.
My Inspirational Bloggers:
It’s no secret that I consider T one of my best friends, but I do not follow her blog because of that. As a matter of fact, what makes it special is that she’s become one of my best friends because of her blog. When she writes, it’s real. It’s from her heart. There’s no embellishments, just her raw emotions. I find her honesty inspiring, and I strive to maintain that same feel on my own blog.
Shannon has also become one of my close friends, but she has taught me far more about life than she realizes. Through her blog she’s exposed things she’s not proud of and places she may have made a wrong step… and I love her for it. Reading Shannon’s blog and getting to know her as a person has given me a greater awareness that we are all human, we all make mistakes, and there is no room for judgement in friendship.
I’m linking to Amy’s blog because shit dudes, if I had gone through half the shit this girl has in her love life… I’m not sure I’d get out of bed in the morning. That in and of itself is inspiring.